The Best Tool for the Job!!!
Brushing My Pet’s Teeth
The GVH Team recommends using any of these tools:
- Traditional toothbrush with or without an angled head
- Brushes with multiple heads to simultaneously brush the inside, outside and top surfaces of the tooth
- Electric toothbrush
- Finger toothbrushes which fit on the tip of your finger
- Dental sponges
- Wash Cloth
- A piece of clean gauze wrapped around your finger
Toothpaste: Use only toothpaste made for pets. You can purchase toothpaste at GVH or your local pet store. Toothpaste comes in a variety of flavors including liver, mint, chicken, and peanut butter. Do not use human toothpaste on your pet’s teeth. It contains ingredients that are not safe for animals to consume.
Other Things That Can Help Keep Your Pet’s Teeth Clean:
- t/d dental diet (food) from Science Diet – it is made to help reduce plaque, stains, tartar buildup, and bad breath.
- Chew treats (such as Greenies) that are made for promoting dental health.
Leave A Comment