At GVH you may see some of the following changes designed to reduce stressful visits:
- A blue towel sprayed with Feliway (a pheromone designed to help felines adjust to difficult situations) may be placed over your cat carrier or on the exam room table to calm our feline friends.
- Music in our lobby and recovery areas will be kept below 60 decibels, which research shows is less stressful for patients.
- Music selections will change to a more classical theme better suited to your pet’s sense of hearing.
- Lower volume on phone ringers will be adopted throughout our office.
- Our team may offer you a 5 minute “fun“ visit. To help reinforce that coming to the vet is not always a “bad” thing.
- Our team may spoil your pet with treats as a distraction while performing certain procedures.
- If your pet does not like to come to see us, they may need pre-visit pharmaceuticals to help them stay calm during their visit. Ask your veterinarian if this is a good option for your pet.