- Nexgard comes to us from the makers of Frontline Plus. Nexgard is administered orally setting it apart from other flea and tick preventatives.
- Nexgard kills adult fleas before they lay eggs and prevents ticks.
- Nexgard is FDA approved and safe to use in dogs.
- It contains an ingredient, afoxolaner, that helps treat and
control fleas and ticks and keeps killing for a full 30 days.
Watch the NexGard TV commercial.
Here’s your chance to get up front and center with some of the cutest dogs you’ve ever seen. Meet Rascal, Kip, Twitch, Dart, Kip, Serious and Oliver. Just to mention a few.
They’re all stars in the NexGard TV commercial. Sit back and watch dog after dog sniff, lick and beg on the silver screen.
- How does Nexgard kill fleas? NexGard contains the ingredient afoxolaner. Afoxolaner kills fleas by over-stimulating their nervous system.
- How long does it take NexGard to kill fleas? In a study, Nexgard killed 100% of fleas in 24 hours.
- Why am I seeing more fleas on my pet after administering Nexgard? NexGard stimulates the fleas’ nervous system, causing them to rise to the top of your dog’s haircoat as they die.
- How long after administering NexGard to my dog can he be bathed or go swimming? Because NexGard is an oral product, swimming or bathing has no effect on NexGard. Your dog’s coat can get wet immediately after taking NexGard.
- Can I use it if my dog is on medication? In a well-controlled field study, NexGard was used concomitantly with other medications, such as vaccines, anthelmintics, antibiotics (including topicals), steroids, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), anesthetics, and antihistamines.
- Is Nexgard safe to use with any breed of dog? NexGard is safe and effective in any breed of dog when used as directed.
- Can NexGard be used on cats and other pets? No. NexGard should be used on dogs only.
- Can I administer it more than once a month? Do not re-administer NexGard before the month is through. It keeps working for a full 30 days.
- Where can I get NexGard? NexGard is a prescription product. Federal (USA) law restricts this drug to use by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian. Only at your vet can you get expert advice and special savings.
- How old does my dog need to be in order to take NexGard? NexGard can be used in puppies 8 weeks of age or older and weighing 4 pounds or greater.
- Are there any side effects of NexGard? NexGard is for dogs only and hasn’t been evaluated for use in pregnant, breeding or lactating dogs. Reported side effects include vomiting, dry/flaky skin, diarrhea, lethargy, and lack of appetite. Use with caution in dogs with a history of seizures.
Leave A Comment