Get the skinny on Overweight pets. Fat pets are nothing to take lightly – this message was brought to you by VPI Pet Insurance.
- Obesity effects 52.5% of dogs and 58.3% of Cats in the United States. That means that over half of the clients that come into your office are overweight
- One pig ear = 6 twelve ounce Colas
- Overweight cats are 4x more likely to become diagnosed with diabetes
- 45% of pet owners identify their pets as being a normal weight
- Overweight pets are more likely to be diagnosed with kidney disease, arthritis, diabetes, ACL injury, and die prematurely
- If your dog is 5 pounds overweight it can be at risk for developing diseases
- If your cat is 2 pounds overweight it can be at risk for developing diseases