There are many factors that you need to look at when assessing your cat’s weight. Here are some questions you should ask yourself:
- Can you see her ribs or spine?
- Can you see your cat’s waist?
- Does her stomach sag?
- Does her face look more round with larger cheeks?
- Kitty appears tired or lazy
- Apprehension when jumping onto furniture
- Difficulty grooming including matted hair on the backend
- Resists to play games.
It is important to seek the advice of your veterinarian if you answered yes to any of the questions listed above or are genuinely concerned about your cat’s weight. Sudden changes to your cat’s diet or activity need to be monitored and well planned with the help of your veterinarian.
Leave A Comment